Some humorous Science misquotes!
- ‘Hard Water’ is another
name for ice.
- When you smell odourless gas, it is probably
- The Republic of Ireland has to import
all its aluminium because this metal is too reactive to be found
in the free state.
- Three kinds of blood vessels are archeries,
vanes and caterpillars.
- A supersaturated solution is one that
can hold more that it can hold.
- A fossil is the remains of an extinct
animal – the older it is, the more extinct it is.
- Many women believe that drinking alcohol
will have no ill effects on an unborn child but this is a serious
- The pistle of a flower is its only protection
- A vacuum is a large empty space where
the pope lives.
- Another name for the alimentary canal
is the suggestive tract.
- Mushrooms have an umbrella shape because
they grow in damp places.
- Sir Isaac Newton’s most famous invention
- The end of the Dark Ages came when Edison
invented the electric light bulb.