Sixth Form at ICD
The Sixth Form Experience at Integrated College Dungannon
As a Sixth Form student at Integrated College Dungannon, you will have:
• Well-qualified and highly motivated staff to teach and support you.
• A choice of a stimulating range of courses.
• Familiar surroundings and excellent study and ICT facilities.
• An induction programme for students joining from other schools.
• Continuation of the integrated experience of tolerance and reconciliation.
• Continuing pastoral support and teacher guidance.
• A close partnership between parents, staff and students.
• An emphasis on social and personal as well as academic development.
• Personalised career planning incorporating visits and applications to third level institutions.
• The opportunity to plan, complete and review a work placement in Year 13.
• Increased responsibility as senior students and Prefects.
• Extra privileges and the use of a well equipped common room before college and at break and lunch.
• An extra-curricular programme with opportunities for community involvement.
• A Sixth Form enrichment programme including ICT classes, driving lessons, interview skills, Social Action Committee, games and use of the fitness suite.
Sixth Form Entry & Curriculum September 2011
For September 2011 we are offering 30 Sixth Form courses to students gaining 5 or more GCSE’s at grade C or higher. Some subjects will be offered in collaboration with Drumglass High School, St Joseph’s Grammar Donaghmore, St Patrick’s College and South West College.
For more information on the Sixth Form options available at ICD contact Miss Louise Burke, Head of Sixth Form or Mr Colin Holmes, Head of Curriculum at the College on 028 87724401.